What are TXT Alerts?
TXT Alerts are text messages that notify you whenever you receive a missed call, new voicemail, or whenever a caller is blocked by YouMail. You can also receive transcriptions of your voicemails as part of your TXT Alert when you enable the option to receive your transcriptions via text. TXT Alerts are only available for members of YouMail Premium and Business so if you haven’t already, upgrade your plan to unlock this helpful feature.
Benefits of TXT Alerts
- Easier to notice – Sometimes voicemail notifications tend to go unnoticed and remain hidden in your phone for hours. Not realizing you have an important voicemail sitting in your inbox could be detrimental to your career and personal life. Use TXT Alerts to receive voicemail notifications in a much more noticeable and useful way.
- Convenient message handling – If your favorite form of digital communication is texting, then why not receive call notifications in the same way? TXT Alerts help you keep track of your missed calls, voicemails, and blocked calls in one convenient place.
- Recall voicemails and missed calls easily – Sometimes you forget who you missed a call or received a voicemail from. With TXT Alerts, you can quickly bring up your entire list of missed calls and voicemails. Read through all of your missed calls without having to go into your phone app and sort through your outgoing, incoming, and missed calls.
How to Get TXT Alerts
TXT Alerts are only available if you’re on a YouMail Business or Premium plan so upgrade today if you haven’t already!
On the Web:
- Log into your account on the YouMail website
- Select the “Settings” tab on the top of the screen
- Click the “Alerts” section on the left of the screen
- Click “Change SMS/TXT alerts”
- Check each of the boxes under “When should SMS/TXT message alerts be sent to you?“
- Click the “Save Changes button
- Open the YouMail app
- Tap on Settings
- Tap on Text Alerts
- Toggle TXT/SMS Alerts on
- Tap on Save
- Open the YouMail app
- Tap on the Settings tab
- Tap on Notifications
- Tap on Text and Email Alerts
- Turn TXT Alerts on
You will now receive your missed call, voicemail, and blocked call notifications as text messages! Being notified of important calls or voicemails has never been easier. Remember to enable TXT message transcriptions of your voicemails so that you can be notified of new messages AND read them at the same time.
To view the different plans or upgrade to YouMail Premium or YouMail Business please go here.