The Washington Post has a great article talking about how robocalls have gotten completely out of control: How Robocallers Outwitted The Government and Completely Wrecked the Do Not Call List.
The story is actually pretty simple. Making calls has gotten really cheap and easy – thanks to ever improving technology. So robocallers make lots of calls, very quickly and at low cost. Second, people tend to answer the phone, giving robocallers a chance to do their pitches, which make money for the people making the calls.
Unfortunately, it’s going to get worse before it gets better, but protecting yourself with the YouMail app(s) is a great way to start. Just download YouMail For iPhone or YouMail for Android or sign up here.
You might also like:
- Spam Call of the Week: USAA Survey Phone System Survey
- Send Scammers Packing: Tell Them You’re ‘Out of Service’ with Custom Greetings
- Robocall Scam of the Week: Password Change Fraud Exploiting Venmo Brand
- First Impressions Count: Learn How to Wow Callers with Our Guide to Professional Voicemail Greetings
- Telemarketing Spam Call of the Week: Leaf Home Water Solutions – Free Estimate