Sandra Bullock is famously quoted as saying “I’ll do anything for free stuff.” While she may be an Oscar winning actress, she actually is representing a very human characteristic, which is the desire to get something of value for free. But it was Gabriel Bell back in the fifteenth century who said, “You get what you pay for.” The implication being that if it is free it is likely not worth anything. Now in the 21st century, those to sentiments collide with the marketing strategies for free offers.
In this article we cover:
Free Offers Aren’t Always Free
There are a number of ways that savvy marketing professionals entice prospects to try their solutions. In addition to classic sales approaches, advertising, testimonials, events and websites, the most used technique is to offer something for free. As you probably have experienced a time or two, all free offers are not created equal.
The three most common approaches are:
- Free Download: this offer is almost as bad as a phishing scam since you are enticed to download the App of your dreams only to find out that once it is installed on your mobile phone for free, you have to pay a monthly fee to use activate it and use even a single feature.
- Free Download + Trial: this offer is just once step above the Free Download described above and uses a technique made popular by drug dealers. As bad as that sounds it is true in that the “free trial” is meant to get you dependent on these features so that you will need to pay for them to keep them going.
- Free Forever: this offer is the Holy Grail of free offers and is the only one that provides you the features you desire with no strings attached for as long as you desire to take advantage of them.
When it comes to your mobile phone, it seems there is no end to the number of free offers available. As you can imagine not all free offers are truly free, so what should you expect if you wanted something free forever?
What Should Be Free For Phone Services?
You actually should expect more from your mobile phone given the number of features it is capable of in today’s app-driven world. Of course, you can always pay for higher levels of service, but have you ever stopped to evaluate what you could expect for free? Here is a list of the features you should expect “free forever”:
- Effective Call blocking: at a minimum, you should have the ability to automatically stop robocalls without having to have your phone ring, and at best, it should also give you custom call blocking to block calls from other numbers.
- Custom Voicemail Greetings: at a minimum, you should be able to delight callers by automatically giving every caller a personalized voicemail greeting or recording special greetings in your own voice.
- Visual Voicemail: at a minimum you should be have the ability to be more productive with cloud-based visual voicemail. Get your messages anywhere and save them forever. You should also be able to get voicemail-to-text by app, email or TXT.
- Better Caller ID: at a minimum you should no longer have to ask, “Who called me?”, but instead the App should do an automatic reverse phone lookup to identify your missed callers.
Clearly these aren’t services provided effectively by your mobile phone provider, so you will have to look to the app world to find a supplement. Unfortunately, you will find dozens of apps that profess “free” but in fact do not deliver “free forever” for these expected services. The good news is that there is one vendor who does in fact deliver “free forever.”
Truly Free Robocall Blocking
Yes, you guessed it, YouMail delivers all of these features for free, forever. You can join the millions of satisfied YouMailers today to enjoy a mobile phone experience of unparalleled robocall blocking while delighting your callers and becoming more productive in the process.
You don’t have to fall for “free” gimmicks when you can actually get robocall blocking truly free forever and you can get started in less than 5 minutes.
You Might Also Like:
- What Does a Voicemail App Have to do With Unwanted Robocalls?
- How a Vanity Number Can Make Your Business More Memorable
- What Is Vishing? 5 Ways to Protect Your Employees From Vishing Scams
- How to Protect Your Personal Information With a Virtual Phone Number
- Why the Fight Against Robocalls Is Always Changing