We’ve updated our YouMail app for Android.
The coolest feature in this release is a YouMail widget. This widget shows you how many “unread” voicemails you have, with an iPhone-like numeric badge, and tapping on it starts up the YouMail app.
It’s easy to use the widget. After updating:
- Tap and hold anywhere on your homescreen.
- Tap “Apps and Widgets” under “Add to Home Screen”
- Find the YouMail widget and drag it to where you want it to go.
One note on the widget: it’s “unread” count is every unread message you have, except for messages in the “trash” folder.
The widget wasn’t the only change. There are also some other improvements:
- Better notifications: the notification bar now includes the message count.
- Easier “contacts” setup: now it’s easier to upload contacts and connect to Facebook for better caller ID and smarter greetings. These are now in the top-level preferences menu.
- Important fixes: we’ve squashed quite a few user-reported bugs, we’ve made a number of performance improvements “under the hood”, and we’ve made a few UI improvements.
As usual, we’re already hard at work on the next update.