At YouMail, our latest patent-pending innovation is called audio fingerprinting.
News 6 in Orlando did a great job explaining to their viewers what it is and why it matters.
What it does is simple. It lets us quickly compare a new voicemail against every “bad” voicemail that we’ve ever seen (like those left by robocallers). When we find a match, we know the number that left it is a bad guy. So now with a single call leaving a single “bad” message, we can protect our users against all further calls from that number.
That doesn’t solve the robocall problem, but every little bit sure helps!
You might also like:
- Robocall Scam of the Week: Password Change Fraud Exploiting Venmo Brand
- First Impressions Count: Learn How to Wow Callers with Our Guide to Professional Voicemail Greetings
- Telemarketing Spam Call of the Week: Leaf Home Water Solutions – Free Estimate
- Get the Local Hookup: How to Snag a Phone Number from Any City with YouMail
- Robocall Scam of the Week: Southern California Edison