At YouMail, our latest patent-pending innovation is called audio fingerprinting.
News 6 in Orlando did a great job explaining to their viewers what it is and why it matters.
What it does is simple. It lets us quickly compare a new voicemail against every “bad” voicemail that we’ve ever seen (like those left by robocallers). When we find a match, we know the number that left it is a bad guy. So now with a single call leaving a single “bad” message, we can protect our users against all further calls from that number.
That doesn’t solve the robocall problem, but every little bit sure helps!
You might also like:
- Productivity Tip: How to become more productive with your time using Visual Voicemail
- Is that telephone number calling you good, bad, or somewhere in between?
- How to give everyone on your team their own unique phone number
- Payment scams: 3 tips to help protect yourself
- What is the best Caller ID solution for your small business?