At YouMail, our latest patent-pending innovation is called audio fingerprinting.
News 6 in Orlando did a great job explaining to their viewers what it is and why it matters.
What it does is simple. It lets us quickly compare a new voicemail against every “bad” voicemail that we’ve ever seen (like those left by robocallers). When we find a match, we know the number that left it is a bad guy. So now with a single call leaving a single “bad” message, we can protect our users against all further calls from that number.
That doesn’t solve the robocall problem, but every little bit sure helps!
You might also like:
- The Curious History of Spam Calls and How to Block Them
- Robocall Scam of the Week: Utilities Scam Exploiting the US Energy Brand
- Robocall Spam of the Week: SBA Loan Repayment Spam Call
- Dodging Unwanted Calls: How a Second Phone Number Can Help Manage Your Nuisance Calls
- Robocall Spam of the Week: Pre-Approved Business Line of Credit Spam Call
6 thoughts on “Audio Fingerprints To The Rescue”
Just go to youmail.com and hit forgot my password – it’ll text you a link to reset it so you can get in the apps and update things. Live Chat us at support.youmail.com if you need more help.
I “LOVE” my FREE YouMail!
I have ‘NO’ problems what so ever!!!
It took me a short while to figure everything out but now it’s a breeze.
Thanks YouMail . . . . . . .
If you ever have any questions at all, just Live Chat us at support.youmail.com.
Very nice topic
Thank you, Enzo!