There is no question that having a strong and reliable phone service provider will enhance both internal and external communications within your small business. According to getvoip.com, “the right small business phone services provide high-quality, reliable voice, video, and messaging communication channels to improve the overall customer experience and improve productivity for team members in the process.” As they note, small businesses are utilizing VoIP technology to optimize communications within their companies. Effective virtual phone services offer a multitude of premium features such as video conferencing, recording/routing, and more. Having said that, how do you know which service provider to go with for your small business?
In this article, we cover:
- Why your small business needs a strong phone service provider
- The top 3 phone services providers for your small business
- The best features of small business phone service providers
Why your small business needs a strong phone service provider
Integrating the right phone service within your small business is critical to effectively managing calls. Sure, you can stick to a traditional landline or mobile phone to field business calls. However, your business will not look as professional or efficient as it could (which might ultimately impact sales and revenue). According to wpbeginner.com, “adding a proper business phone service allows you to easily track call duration, hold times, wait times, and overall usage.” In addition “most business phone services come with call forwarding, caller ID, call waiting, inbound call routing, call recording, and more.” Finally, strong phone service providers allow businesses to utilize VoIP, which allows for greater freedom and flexibility.
The right phone service will help you grow your business through the nurturing of stronger customer relationships and professional phone support.
The top 3 phone services providers for your small business
While there are many strong phone service providers out there, three of the best are YouMail, Nextiva, and Ooma.
- YouMail has a Professional Plan for your unique business needs that delivers more services tailored to small business owners as well as on-the-go business professionals. You’ll never have to miss that important call again and can customize your business experience without the cost of clerical help or the inconvenience of carrying a second phone. You will also no longer have to waste time with scammers, spammers or robocallers as YouMail Professional will ensure that only your customers and prospects get through and get the experience they deserve to keep them coming back for more.
- According to quicksprout.com, Nextiva “is an industry leader in the communication space. With the Nextiva App, you’ll be able to use the same phone numbers you use at your office desk from the comfort of your own home. You can even use the same extensions you’d use in the office. Nextiva offers all of the essential phone system features, such as voicemail, call routing, and an auto attendant that automatically greets your callers and directs them to where they need to go. Customers also get access to voicemail to email which streamlines your voicemail inbox.” Other features include unlimited calls, call queuing, automatic call forwarding, and more.
- Quicksprout notes that “Ooma is an ideal solution for businesses that want to keep using hard phones. Your plan will come with unlimited calling, a toll-free number, low international rates, and a virtual receptionist. Ooma also has exceptional customer support if you have any trouble setting up the hardware or managing your service.”
The best features of small business phone service providers
In order to grow your business effectively, you’ll want to ensure that your small business phone service provider offers specific features. Below are just a few of the most important features to have.
- Professional Voicemail Greetings: Look like a big business and impress your callers with professionally recorded greetings, done by voice talent that specializes in recording custom greetings.
- Second Phone Number: Protect your privacy with an additional phone number, which you can send directly to voicemail or call forward to your cell phone.
- Auto Attendant: Add a full-fledged auto attendant with unlimited extensions, call forwarding, and call routing.
- Unified Inbox: Have a single, unified voicemail inbox for all your numbers, so all your messages are in one place.
- VoIP or IP Based Functionality: According to vivecommunications, “if you are using a legacy analog phone system you’re going to want to upgrade to a VoIP based phone system since VoIP is usually 40-80% less expensive than traditional phone service. Not only are analog phone systems for small business going extinct but analog landlines are projected to be obsolete by 2020.”
If you’re ready to upgrade your business, sign up for a YouMail Professional Plan today.